michaelbelis

The Night of the Comet
George Bishop
Coming Clean
Kimberly Rae Miller
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath The trouble that persist for me when reading a classic, is I find it hard to get passed all the trivial knowledge that comes with it. This book looms large even today. Most people have an opinion on the book even if they have not read it. Some swear love for it. Drawing a mantra from it. Some hate it just for the people they seem to associate with it. This book has been made in to movies, TV, used in other book, and songs. It as if I have a intimate knowledge of a stranger.

I enjoyed "The Bell Jar" it was a clear and well written. The world of Esther was for me neither sad or depressing, but mater of fact and I loved that about her. It was a well crafted world that it I found easy to recreate in my mind. Why I could not find myself swayed by Esther it was easy to feel for Mrs Plath. When reading the prophetic lines..
" But I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t sure at all. How did I know that someday--at college, in Europe, somewhere, anywhere--the bell jar, with its stifling distortions, wouldn’t descend again?"
And we know it did. She left and I find that sad as it hung over the book for me.