michaelbelis

The Night of the Comet
George Bishop
Coming Clean
Kimberly Rae Miller
The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel - Neil Gaiman Having reading Mr. Gaiman work for most of my adult life I have come to love the stories he has told in their many varied versions. I have come to use those stories as worlds that I can hide in when a break is needed, to regroup to find myself. And it has become easy in my case to jump to conclusion. I was one chapter of "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" and thought "oh he going back to the characters of his "Kindly ones story"". And my assumptions was wrong and I am ass for it.

I enjoyed the way Mr Gaiman weaved himself into his story not really know if he was speaking of a past he knew or just making it up as he wrote. I was pulled into a story that saw the world through a 7 years olds eyes and unlike many book written by adults told from a childs point of view I never slipped out of that. I love that.

This is one of the few books that as I read I listened to the Audiobook and I am glad I did. Having built his reading voice over years of reading it was wonderfully enriching companion to the book in my hand.

Is this a gushing review yes it is but the book did do that for me.. It felt scary but real, it felt like a story that could be shared with a friend and I am glad he did.